|author||Tom Zanussi <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2014-07-28 10:01:37 -0500|
|committer||Richard Purdie <email@example.com>||2014-08-02 09:21:13 +0100|
wic: Fix plugin help text
Fix various typoes and grammar problems noticed while transcribing for the dev manual. Signed-off-by: Tom Zanussi <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Saul Wold <email@example.com>
Diffstat (limited to 'scripts')
1 files changed, 16 insertions, 13 deletions
diff --git a/scripts/lib/image/help.py b/scripts/lib/image/help.py
index 848aa9a27d..913947ca00 100644
@@ -389,9 +389,9 @@ DESCRIPTION
class (see the SourcePlugin source for details):
- Called to do the actual content population for a partition
- i.e. it 'prepares' the final partition image which will be
- incorporated into the disk image.
+ Called to do the actual content population for a
+ partition. In other words, it 'prepares' the final partition
+ image which will be incorporated into the disk image.
Called before do_prepare_partition(), typically used to
@@ -401,23 +401,26 @@ DESCRIPTION
Called after all partitions have been prepared and assembled
into a disk image. This provides a hook to allow
- finalization of a disk image e.g. to write an MBR to it.
+ finalization of a disk image, for example to write an MBR to
- Special content staging hook called before
+ Special content-staging hook called before
do_prepare_partition(), normally empty.
- Typically, a partition will just use the passed-in parame
- e.g straight bootimg_dir, etc, but in some cases, things
- need to be more tailored e.g. to use a deploy dir + /boot,
- etc. This hook allows those files to be staged in a
- customized fashion. Not that get_bitbake_var() allows you
- to acces non-standard variables that you might want to use
- for this.
+ Typically, a partition will just use the passed-in
+ parameters, for example the unmodified value of bootimg_dir.
+ In some cases however, things may need to be more tailored.
+ As an example, certain files may additionally need to be
+ take from bootimg_dir + /boot. This hook allows those files
+ to be staged in a customized fashion. Note that
+ get_bitbake_var() allows you to access non-standard
+ variables that you might want to use for these types of
This scheme is extensible - adding more hooks is a simple matter
of adding more plugin methods to SourcePlugin and derived classes.
- The code that then needs to call the plugin methods the uses
+ The code that then needs to call the plugin methods uses
plugin.get_source_plugin_methods() to find the method(s) needed by
the call; this is done by filling up a dict with keys containing
the method names of interest - on success, these will be filled in